This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Jump to Recipe
Egg Roll Stir Fry has saved dinner around here quite a few times. It’s a great answer to the “what’s for dinner, I’m hungry” question statement that the kids love to use when I’m folding laundry or helping Nate move something heavy. Or even better: when you’ve been locked away in the house for two weeks and just want to have one pan to clean for dinner.
What’s nice about this recipe (other than the kids eat it up every time) is that it doesn’t really take any “stir-frying” techniques to make. No hot oil or smoking pans here; just brown and drain your hamburger, toss in your veggies and stir until they are softened.
But really, what’s best is that you can have a super healthy meal full of vegetables that can be made in about 30 minute and it doesn’t have any orangey powder to add to pasta at the end.
If you want to get all wild and crazy, you can add all sorts of toppings too like Kimchi, a fried egg, hard or soft boiled eggs, hot sauce, pickled onions, pickled bean sprouts, really any thing you feel inspired to.
- 2 pounds of Lean Ground Beef (can also use ground Turkey, Pork or Venison)
- 1 head of Cabbage, chopped
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 10oz package of shredded carrots or 4-5 Large carrots peeled and shredded
- 2 tsp of each Spice: Garlic salt, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Salt and Pepper
Start by browning your ground beef with all the spices in a wok. If you don’t have a wok you can always use a dutch oven or stock pot.
After the ground beef is browned drain off any excess grease and add in the grated carrots, chopped cabbage and sliced onions. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.
Notes: Try variations of your Egg Roll Stir Fry by adding these different options on top of your finished dish; such as; an over easy egg, sour cream, Salsa, taco sauce or hot sauce. Nathan loves to top his with Sriracha sauce.
Low Carb Egg Roll Stir Fry
- 2 lb Lean Ground Beef can use ground Turkey, Pork or Venison
- 1 head of Cabbage chopped
- 2 Onion sliced thinly
- 10 oz bag of shredded Carrots (or 4-5 Large carrots peeled and shredded)
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 tsp Basil
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
- Start by browning your ground beef with all the spices in a wok. If you don't have a wok you can always use a dutch oven or stock pot.
- After the ground beef is browned drain off any excess grease and add in the grated carrots, chopped cabbage and sliced onions. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are softened.